Sivas Provincial AFAD Directorate won the first prize in the contest entitled, “Cities compete, those who are insured win” organized by DASK in 2019 for earthquake prepared Turkey and awarded with equipment aid worth TL 125.000.
Applications for this year’s “Cities compete, those who are insured win” contest organized by DASK since 2011 began on March 15, 2019 and ended on December 1, 2019. The Sivas Provincial AFAD Directorate won the first prize while Konya Provincial AFAD Directorate won the second prize and Samsun Provincial AFAD Directorate and Tekirdağ Provincial AFAD Directorate shared the third prize.
During the contest, Sivas Provincial AFAD Directorate conducted informative activities such as raising awareness about earthquake trainings and importance of mandatory earthquake insurance especially to
- 8.290 Primary School students for 374 hours,
- 6739 Secondary School students for 328 hours,
- 563 students at Public Education Centers for 32 hours,
- 1595 people at mosques for 10 hours,
- 6925 people during outdoor activities for 116 hours,
- 1584 people during indoor activities for 40 hours,
- 1827 personnel from public offices and institutions for 50 hours,
- 970 students during university seminars for 30 hours,
- 110 students at Youth Centers for 6 hours,
- 650 students at Dormitories for 4 hours,
- 4962 soldiers during activities for military for 24 hours,
- 10.000 sports fans during stadium activities for 2 hours,
- 120 children living in Children’s Shelter for 10 hours.
Moreover, the Sivas Provincial Directorate organized raising social awareness about DASK obligatory earthquake insurance and other types of disaster insurances during outdoor and indoor activities, interviews with local and international media organizations and social media campaigns as a part of Disaster Preparedness Year activities.
Sivas Provincial Directorate also reached approximately 10.000 sports fans and millions of television viewers when it encouraged Sivas Spor and Kasımpaşa Soccer team players to carry “DASK banner” before their match in the TFF Super League.